Chesapeake Family Law Attorney
At Jankell & Ireland, we provide a full complement of family law-related services. Whether you need assistance with an adoption or a divorce, we will offer a solution that meets your family’s particular needs.
Virginia Beach Divorce And Child Custody Attorney
Our attorneys handle a broad spectrum of family law matters, including:
- Adoption: Adopting a child is wonderful but not without legal challenges. We work to make the adoption process as smooth as possible.
- Separation agreements: If you and your spouse are planning to separate, our lawyers can help to ensure that the separation agreement protects your interests.
- Divorce: When you are facing a divorce, you need an experienced attorney on your side. At Jankell & Ireland, we are prepared to take forceful action to assert your interests.
- Military divorce: If you or your spouse is a member of the military, it is essential to work with an attorney who understands military issues. Peter Jankell is a former Navy JAG attorney. He is familiar with issues such as military pay, allowances and benefits. Mr. Jankell possesses extensive knowledge of the Uniform Services Former Spouses’ Protection Act, the Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act, the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act, the Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act and the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act.
- Child custody and visitation: Child custody is a sensitive issue. Our attorneys will work closely with you to help you understand what to expect and what steps to take to achieve your goals.
- Child support: Child support is determined by Virginia state guidelines. If you have questions about child support, we encourage you to contact our firm.
- Alimony: Our attorneys can thoroughly assess your case to determine whether you are likely to be ordered to pay or receive alimony.
- Name changes: We can assist you to make the process of changing your name efficient.
Contact Jankell & Ireland
Schedule a consultation with our Chesapeake family law lawyers by contacting our office at 757-401-4845 or toll free at 866-348-2624.