Chesapeake DUI/DWI Defense Lawyer
When you are arrested for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, the stakes are too high to go it alone. A lawyer who has experience defending individuals charged with DUI/DWI is essential. The Chesapeake law firm Jankell & Ireland provides aggressive representation to people facing charges of drunk driving.
If you were arrested for drunk driving, you will likely face one of the following charges:
- First-offense DWI: For your first offense, you may face a maximum jail sentence of one year, up to $2,500 in fines and up to one year suspension of your driver’s license. If your blood alcohol content (BAC) is over .15, you may face a mandatory jail sentence.
- Second-offense DWI: A second offense DWI carries mandatory jail time.
- Third-offense DWI: A third DWI offense is a felony. If you have been arrested for DWI for the third time, you may face mandatory minimum sentencing.
- DWI with property damage or injury: If there was property damage or an injury to an individual as a result of the alleged DWI, you may face a harsher penalty.
- Aggravated DWI: Multiple DWI convictions, minors in the car, speeding and driving with a revoked or suspended license can all be grounds for a charge of aggravated DWI.
Your freedom and your driver’s license are too important to leave up to fate. With an experienced criminal defense attorney to guide you, you will stand a far better chance of maintaining your driving privileges and staying out of jail.
At Jankell & Ireland, we represent many people from out of state who were arrested while traveling or vacationing in Virginia. Arrests for DWI are very common on the interstate as people travel to and from Virginia Beach. If you are from another state, our Chesapeake DUI/DWI defense attorneys can help you navigate Virginia’s criminal justice system efficiently and effectively.
Contact Jankell & Ireland